Skip to content
Form & Charges
- View the Opt-Out Form (PDF) and sign and return to EPUD.
- This form must be signed by the account holder.
- As approved by EPUD’s Board of Directors, the monthly fee to read the meter will be $12.50 per opted-out account.
- This fee will appear on your monthly billing statement and will be reviewed annually with our rates.
- If a meter change is required, a one-time charge of $95 per meter will apply.
- If the meter has not yet been upgraded to the new technology, you will not be required to pay this amount.
Criteria to Opt-Out
- Account balance(s) must be kept current;
- Customers who opt-out will not have access to EPUD’s advanced metering technology, usage data for affected account(s), or programs made available by this technology;
- A monthly meter reading charge will be assessed.
- Any account(s) you wish to opt-out must not have been disconnected for non-payment at any time in the past 12 months;
- Account(s) must be on a residential rate schedule;
- District employees must have access to manually read the meter each month.