EPUD Awards $15,000 in Scholarships
Last Modified: May 15, 2018
Emerald People’s Utility District is awarding a total of $15,000 to five college students with roots in Emerald PUD’s service territory. Each will receive $3,000 toward their educational expenses.
“These winners are examples of the high level of talent and community involvement coming from the young adults in our district,” said Scott Coe, Emerald PUD general manager.
This year Emerald PUD raised the amount recipients could receive from $1,500 to $3,000. Winners are:
- Kenneth Hansen, Marcola. Hansen is studying diesel technology.
- Justin Harms, Springfield. Harms is studying surveying and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Matthew Hankins-Hogue, Marcola. Hankins-Hogue is participating in an electrical apprenticeship program
- Kelsey Meng, Junction City. Meng is studying business and foreign languages.
- Benjamin Vaughn, Creswell. Vaughn is studying engineering.