September 9, 2020 - As the Lane County wildfires continue, Emerald People's Utility District (EPUD) is actively working with the State Fire Marshal to restore power to critical facilities in the Mohawk Valley. Power has been restored to Marcola Road up to and including the town of Marcola. Emerald crews are continuing to work with the State Fire Marshal to determine whether and how to safely re-energize additional areas.
A Red Flag warning continues throughout today, with extremely dangerous weather conditions keeping fire risk high. Any area of EPUD’s service territory that is assigned a Level 3 GO NOW Evacuation Notice is subject to having power shut off immediately to avoid worsening existing fires. EPUD will continue to operate its system under modified conditions to lower the risk of starting a new fire and will closely monitor both weather conditions and our system to ensure the safety of our communities.
- Customers are advised to closely monitor Lane County evacuation orders and prepare to be without power, if necessary.
- In case of evacuation and the loss of power, know how to manually open your automatic garage doors and gates.
- If you see any signs of fire, call 911 immediately.
- Stay away from downed power lines and poles. Report downed lines to EPUD at (541) 746-1583.
- Keep the gas tank at least half full in your vehicles.
- Review your safety preparedness plan now. Make sure everyone in your household knows each step.
- Keep your cellphone charged.
For more information contact Kristine Lindemulder, Communications Coordinator, at the media line: (541) 744-7410.