Emerald People’s Utility District (EPUD) is awarding a total of $15,000 to five college students with roots in Emerald PUD’s service territory. Each will receive $3,000 toward their educational expenses.
“We are pleased to give back to our community with our EmPOWERing scholarship program. The scholarship applications we received spoke to the depth of talented young people we have throughout our district. This year’s winners set a high bar for school and community involvement, and an understanding of how their field of study could benefit utility employers,” said Scott Coe, Emerald PUD general manager.
Scholarships are being awarded to:
- Nathan Faber: Faber will study engineering at Olin College of Engineering in Massachusetts.
- Brett Jallo: Jallo will attend Northwest Lineman College in Idaho.
- Keagan Lutje: Lutje will attend Lane Community College’s electrical apprenticeship program.
- Alexander Marshall: Marshall will study diesel technology at Montana State University Northern.
- Corey Sharr: Sharr will study business and marketing at University of Oregon.