|Payment Options & Assistance|
|Stretch Your Dollar –
Oregon Resources Fact Sheet
We know there may be times when our customers want to pay their bill, but are unable to due to a variety of reasons: loss of work, family illness, emergencies or higher than usual winter bills can all cause financial hardships. If you are in need of assistance on your utility bill, the following programs may be able to help.
HELPING HANDS is funded primarily by contributions from EPUD customers. Funds for this program are available starting in February and are first-come, first-served. There are no waiting lists. If you are approved, a one-time grant of up to $300 is credited to your electric bill. For more information about the program, contact our Customer Service department at 541-746-1583 or CustomerService@nullepud.org.
WANT TO DONATE TO THIS FUND AND HELP A NEIGHBOR HEAT THEIR HOME? Include a donation with your monthly bill payment, specifying what portion you would like to go to Helping Hands. Or call us at 541-746-1583 to contribute, OR, send your check specifying the donation is for “Helping Hands” to EPUD, 33733 Seavey Loop Road, Eugene, OR 97405.
Lane County Health & Human Services Programs
The following programs are funded by EPUD and administered by Lane County. You can either call EPUD for a referral or call Lane County directly at 541-682-3378.
ERAP (Emerald Rate Assistance Program) provides a total of $300, spread out at $75 per month for four months. This program normally starts in March, and is available to households of senior or disabled persons, or child(ren) aged 18 and under. ERAP is funded by Emerald PUD and administered by Lane County
Human Services Commission. Funds and space are limited. Call 541-682-3378 for information.
LIHEAP (Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program) is a federally funded program administered by several agencies in Lane County. The program opens to the general public in November and remains open until funds are exhausted. Choose the agency nearest your home from the following:
LIHEAP Information for Seniors:
- (Eugene) Celeste Campbell Senior Center 541-682-5354;
- (Springfield) Willamalane Adult Activity Center 541-736-4406;
- (Cottage Grove) Cottage Grove Senior Connections 541-682-7810;
- (Veneta) Fern Ridge Service Center 541-935-2262;
- (Junction City) Viking Sal Senior Center 541-998-8445
LIHEAP Information for the General Public:
- (Springfield) Catholic Community Services 541-747-8349;
- (Eugene) Catholic Community Services 541-345-3642;
- (Cottage Grove) Community Sharing 541-942-6492
Other Assistance Agencies:
- (Junction City) Junction City Local Aid 541-998-3992;
- (Veneta) Mid-Lane Cares 541-935-0948;
- (Southern Lane Co.) Cottage Grove Community Sharing 541-942-2176
- Additional Resources
www.211info.org – Information about local social services