3/14 Outage Update #2- All but 1,200 Restored
March 14, 2011
EPUD crews have worked through the day to restore power to our service District. At the height of the storm, EPUD estimates 12,000 Customer-Owners were without power. As of 4 p.m., EPUD crews have restored power to all but 1,200 customers. Please note, EPUD crews have been working since 3 p.m. yesterday with no break. Tonight at 8 p.m., EPUD crews will be pulled out of the District to rest. They will be back out by 6 a.m. Tuesday morning to continue restoration efforts.
EPUD phones are working, but lines have been jammed due to high call volumes. On March 13, EPUD received 30,000 call attempts into our 23 phone lines.
Area specific outage updates as of 3/14 at 4 p.m:
- Junction City/N. Eugene area: All main lines restored. Scattered outages ETR tomorrow.
- Goshen/Seavey Loop: All main lines restored. Scattered outages ETR tomorrow.
- Cottage Grove: London Road is restored and crews are working currently on Reservoir Road. Power is restored to C.G. from Middlefield south. North of that area (Davisson, Saginaw, Sears) is still down due to two downed Pacific Power transmission lines. EPUD crews are waiting for Pacific Power before we can restore that area. ETR tomorrow at the earliest for these customers.
- Creswell: All major lines are restored. Scattered outage ETR tomorrow.
- Pleasant Hill: Crews are currently working on Ridgeway, Wilma Vista, Zepher & Nestle. ETR for these outages is tonight or tomorrow.
- Lost Creek: This area is out of power. There are no crews on site at this time. Crews will be redirected once larger outages are fixed.
- Lorane: All power restored.
- Marcola/Mohawk: Crews are at the south end right now and working North into Marcola. The north end of Marcola and Parsons creek/ Boiler creek will be out until tomorrow.
- Cheshire/Elmira/Veneta/Noti: All main lines restored. Scattered outages ETR tomorrow.
- Dexter. Currently out of power. No crews onsite at this time. ETR tomorrow.
Please remember to stay away from all down lines. To report your outage, call 541-746-1583.
To stay up-to-date with the most current outage information, follow EPUD on Twitter, @emeraldpud or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/emeraldpud