Solar Electric Program
Supporting our customer’s efforts to use clean and locally generated solar electricity is just another way we can remain true to our founding principles of local control and renewable energy. You can generate your own energy by using the power of the sun. Photovoltaic systems produce electricity usable throughout your home or business to offset the amount of power purchased from Emerald. When your solar electric system produces more than your home consumes, the surplus is returned to the electric grid and you can receive credit from Emerald. Emerald is here to answer your questions and help you go solar.
- Offset your electric costs
- Enjoy clean, local, renewable energy
- We’ll help you pay for it!
EPUD encourages customer-owners who are interested in installing a solar photovoltaic (PV) system to first consider as much energy efficiency as possible. Installing PV on an inefficient home or business may not be practical or a sound financial investment. We have programs that can help identify energy saving opportunities and provide rebates to help your home be more efficient and comfortable.
Emerald offers financial incentives for customer-owners to install solar panels. Available to both residential and commercial customers, Emerald’s program helps customers offset their need for grid power.
Residential projects may get $0.50/W-ac up to $2,500
Non-residential projects may get $0.50/W-ac up to $5,000
State and federal tax credits may also be available for residential efficiency upgrades. Additional restrictions may apply.
For more information on this program, contact us at 541-746-1583 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home/Business is an existing unit located within Emerald’s service area.
- Solar installation must have adequate solar resource as measured by Total Solar Resource Fraction.
- Project must be installed by a Registered Contractor in Emerald’s program to receive the cash rebate.
- Participant is authorized to make home improvements.
- Solar equipment must be listed on our approved products list (powered by gosolarcalifornia.ca.gov)
- Pre-authorization is required for all solar electric projects.
- In order to interconnect to Emerald’s distribution system, project must acquire all appropriate jurisdictional permits.
- Participant authorizes Emerald to conduct quality inspections to ensure program specifications are followed.
Approved Solar Electric Program Contractors
We’ve built a network of Registered Contractors that have agreed to install products according to EPUD specifications. Solar projects must be installed by one of these registered contractors in order to be eligible for program incentives/rebates.